Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Girls Week Out


The week after Ainsley was born, my long time friend (we're talking from junior high here) flew out from California. This had been planned for over a month (possibly even two), but when the time came, I was a little nervous. I thought for sure Ainsley would have been born long before she was, but as it turned out MiShell got here just a few days after she was born. But really, the timing couldn't have been any better. Jim was gone all that week at scout camp, so I didn't have to feel bad that I was leaving him all day and all night.
To back up a bit, MiShell had told me that she had this great friend that she had met years ago in California, but she too had moved to Arizona, so all three of us would be getting together. MiShell kept telling me we would become fast friends. Little did she know just how fast.! Ranae (MiShell's friend) called me Monday night before MiShell was flying in, and the first questions she asks me is, "Do you live in Cortina?" Holy cow.! YES.! To make a long story short, she used to live just a few blocks away from me, and we have several of the same friends. To make another long story short, she knows some people that I know from Utah.! Small world.
We had the best time. We went to dinner every night; we went out looking at model homes (getting ideas for our own of course); Mamma Mia on the Friday it came out (talk about a true blue chick flick...so much fun) We had a GREAT time, and I reconnected with a good friend, and made a new one.!

No comments: