Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So Long Johnny Rockets.!

Last week Ainsley had a follow up appointment with her pediatric surgeon. Her appointment was at 11:15, and we weren't seen until 2:00 (long story). But he said she was doing well, and would see her in a few months. HOORAY.!
Janelle and the girls met us at the appointment, which was in Mesa. Since Janelle's birthday was the next day, we thought we'd have an all girl sleepover. Things started off a little rough for Hailee when she fell right on her head, from the doctor's spinning chair, to the hard tile floor. OUCH. This must have been at least the tenth concussion for her... just that week. She had a black eye the week before, thanks to her sister opening a kitchen cabinet right into her eye. If she lives to the ripe old age of 2, it'll be a miracle.
We did make it home, finally. We were waiting for Grandpa to get home so the big girls (us) and the babies could go out to dinner, and McKenna and Hailee could stay with Grandpa. So off to Village Inn we go. Things started off well since both babies were sleeping. Then Jerricka wakes up, which in turn wakes Ainsley up. I've had to relearn how to eat and feed a baby at the same time. That skill was long lost in the attic of my brain. But the cobwebs are off, and I am now skilled at it once again. We had to be home by 7:00 since Grandpa had Mutual, and was getting the boys ready for the stake Camporee that weekend. What a good grandpa he is. Both of the girls were bathed and in their PJs when we got home....yippee.!
We finally got to bed after midnight (the picture of Janelle at the desk is her birthday picture of her turning 24 at midnight...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANELLE.!)
Our ward was having a "Park Day" at our newly done park a few blocks away. It started at 10:30, and we fully intended to be there by then. HAHAHA...RIGHT.! We got there at 12:30 as it was ending. But after McKenna and Hailee were full of sand, Nena had an 'accident' (and no extra clothes), we got the heck outta there. Off to our next destination...the outdoor mall. It was lunch time and Darci wanted to get Ainsley's ears pierced. We were also hoping to find some costumes at the Disney store, or one of the other kids stores there. I did mention lunch, right? Because really, I think the three of us would rather forget it.! I also believe we are on the "DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE IN EVER AGAIN" list at Johnny Rockets. To make a VERY long story (longest lunch I've ever had) short, ALL four kids were screaming their guts out. It was like a 15 car pile up...you know... a chain reaction. First off, Hailee was tired, and her molars are coming in. She did NOT want to sit in her high chair. Screamer #1. That led to Ainsley being upset. She doesn't like to hear other babies cry, so not only was she crying, she was screaming. Screamer #2. That in turn led to colicky Jerricka waking up and screaming. Screamer #3. If you've never been to a Johnny Rockets before, it's a 50s looking place, with little juke boxes on each of the tables. You put your nickel in and pick a song. (And some songs the employees dance to) Since it's so cheap, the music is always going. McKenna does not like loud noise, so between the music, the dancing, the babies screaming, and Hailee throwing a tantrum, she turned to her sister and yelled "STOP IT..!", looked at me, and started crying. Now, let's fast forward to our food. Strawberry shake, delicious onion rings, hamburgers, a BLT. Mmmmm..... Oh WAIT.! Melted strawberry shake, cold onion rings, soggy hamburgers, and a really soggy BLT. That was our lunch. If there were any teenagers in there (which I'm SURE our waiter was) it was GREAT birth control. Adios Johnny Rockets....
So off to the kids area we go. What is that we hear?? SILENCE. All four screamers are finally quiet. It IS a miracle. The babies are sleeping, Hailee is out cold too, and McKenna is happily eating her PB & J. Sweet....
The girls found some cute Christmas outfits for the kids, McKenna had fun in the play area, and we went to the pet store. All is well. That is, until we went to Claire's to get the babies ears pierced. We knew Ainsley was getting hers pierced, but not Jerricka. But Janelle figured we were all there, and she had help, so she might as well. Grandma took McKenna to the 'kiddie rides' (which she won't ride...she's a cheap date) while it took about an hour to get their ears pierced. They look cute, and these days it's 8-12 WEEKS of after care for those cute little earrings. Lots of work. Of course I left my camera at home that day, so no pics. I think I left my brain back at Johnny Rockets too....
Darci stayed until Saturday, which I dragged her to the Prop 102 phone bank to make a few calls. We then went with the group to Cafe Rio (yes Utahns, we have a Cafe Rio here too.!). We went home, she packed everything in the car, and she made the 2 1/2 hour trip home safely. All in all, it was a VERY fun week with my two girls, and my four granddaughters.
Next play date is Oct. 31. Darci, Josh and Ainsley are coming down for Halloween and we're having a multiple birthday party for Joel, Janelle, Darci and moi on Saturday. More pics to follow.!

Cool Baby.!



Having fun with Papa



It's past my mealtime.!!



She loves her food.! Can you tell?



The things we do for entertainment purposes...



Oops! Did it again.!



Loves her Aunt Janelle.!




Sweet cousins. Can you believe they are only 8 1/2 weeks apart??



HAPPY 24TH BIRTHDAY JANELLE.!



Did I SAY you two can leave?? My legs will hold you down.!



Sweet baby...



Buh Bye...see ya in a few weeks.!

5 comments:

Our Family said...

That is so funny! I could totally relate to everything you were saying, but it was fun to hear it from a Grandmas view! Thanks for making me laugh!

Stefanie D. said...

HAHA! That sounds about like all of the outtings that Natalie and I have with her kids. Grumpy, hungry, kids who all need a nap!

Jan said...

What adorable pictures! AND, a hilarious story! I chuckled out loud about your good birth control for teenagers comment!

Pays said...

So can I tell you we (Rich and I) were laughing the entire time I was reading your post out loud to him! Oh to see your fun outings!! So fun and lots of memories you are making!! Love it! take care miss ya.

Ange said...

Hey lisa! We miss seeing you guys! Your grandaughters are so cute!! Tell everyone hi!!