
It was a lot more fun though once we found out that Ainsley was OK. A few days after she was born, the kids found a large lump on the back of her neck. It was very worrisome. The pediatrician was quite concerned too. She had them go in for an ultrasound the day after she saw Ainsley. The radiologist suggested a CT from the looks of the ultrasound, so she was scheduled for a CT the following week. When you hear "cancer" and "baby" in the same sentence, it makes your stomach turn. There were a lot of prayers, fasting, and tears shed in that time. But, THANKFULLY, the pediatric surgeon felt like it is a hemangioma that hasn't surfaced, and it should go away on it's own. WOW..what a blessing.!
It was so much fun having the kids here with us. Waking up to a fresh baby every morning was great.! What was even better you ask? I could hand her back when she cried or pooped.! Ok..that's not entirely true, some how I got stuck with a lot of poop duty. But I can honestly say, I didn't mind. It was fun watching those "firsts". Her smile; her first bath after her belly button finally fell off; and just getting her dressed every day. (My favorite outfit in yellow below says, "What happens at grandmas, stays at grandmas). She is a smarty arty already, and totally alert. She also has A~T~T~I~T~U~D~E. Must get that from Josh's side of the family? Ü
It was really sad when they left. My eyes watered while they were packing, then I full fledged bawled when they left. That was on Thursday, then on Friday we were up in Flag for the weekend. We had fun unpacking and organizing their apartment. Flagstaff is absolutely gorgeous during the summer, they'll love it up there, but we sure miss them only being 10 minutes away.









3 comments:
YAY! Beautiful baby Ainsley and the proud parents (and grandparents!) Tell Darci hello for me.
Oh....and send me your email address if you get a chance. I don't think I ever added you on here?!?!
wow she is adorable! Tell Darc congrats!
She is so cute! I am glad she is ok.
Post a Comment