Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Trip Home

At the last minute, Jim and I decided to take a quick trip to California to see our families. Jim took Monday through Wednesday of Thanksgiving week off, so we headed out Monday. Our first stop was to see Jim's family. We all met up at a yummy Mexican restaurant in our old home town of Corona. It was a fun visit, and nice to see everyone. We couldn't believe how much Madison and Chase had grown up.! You can't see it in the picture, but... Sherree had given herself a 'bowl' cut that day. She usually cuts her own hair (and does a great job.!). She also uses clippers to cut the back of her hair. Well...she kind of forgot to put on a numbered attachment and wound up shaving the back of her head.! Luckily, her hair grows fast.. Ü

Dennis, Madison, Jennifer, Jim, Chase, and Sherree


Then it was to my parents that night. Luckily my brother was on his way back from a job up north, so we got to see him that night. We also got to see him the next day along with his girlfriend Leah. We surprised Nana by showing up at her house...and WOW was she surprised.! We brought over our (Nana and mine) favorite meal, El Pollo Loco. It fits...the crazy chicken for the crazy familiy. We really enjoyed our visit, and hated to leave. She is 95 years old, but doesn't seem like it. Her body might be that of a 95 year old, but her mind sure isn't. I can only hope to live as long, and have as good of a life like she has had. I love and miss my Nana. And even better, I think my family has come to accept that I am the FAVORITE .

Jim and Stevie (yes I still call my "little" brother Stevie)


Me, Mom, and Nana


Me and Nana

4 comments:

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

You are the favorite? Last time I checked I was:)

Lisa said...

You're the favorite second daughter...the favorite second granddaughter, and my MOST favorite brunette Ü

Hali said...

So fun for you guys! Hope all is well in Arizona. Happy holidays!

Pays said...

That looks like a wonderful trip. It was so fun to talk with you. Sorry I interrupted the vacation! It was good to visit for a minute though. Have a wonderful Christmas at your house! Miss you!